St. Aidan’s Church. Adult Class. Sunday, May 12, 2013.
- Read The Lectionary Page (find it on Google) or read the Bible itself to find this Sunday’s lessons. They are:
- Acts 16:16-34
- Revelation 22:12-14, 16-17, 20-21
- John 17:20-26
- Lay theologian, Verna Dozier, once suggested a discipline for looking at the lessons of the day. It goes like this:
- In the O.T. (in this case, Acts) lesson look for the problem or the issue raised for the young church.
- In the Gospel lesson look for how the issue is resolved or the problem solved.
- In the Epistle look for how the early church lived the resolution of the issue.
Note: This doesn’t always yield complete answers but it is surprising how often it sheds light on the lessons of the day.
- Try this method and let’s discuss your findings in class on Sunday.
See you then,